Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Washi Tape Mug

 Exciting news friends! This project has been in the works for a while and it's been killing me to keep it a secret. I've teamed up with Darby Smart to design a DIY project kit that you can purchase!
Via
I am a big coffee and tea drinker so mugs are aplenty in my house but I am always looking for cute new ones to add to my collection. When I came up with this idea I knew the possibilities for how each person could decorate their mug would be endless and the process is super easy. Pretty ideal for a craft kit *wink, wink*


Step 1: Plan out your mug design. Trim pieces of tape down to the proper size.


Step 2
: Tape all of the pieces down, and apply 2-3 layers of dishwasher safe mod podge on top.


Ta-da! All done!

All the above pictures are from Darby Smart and document their process of creating my project but here's the one that started it all. 
Two months later my mug is still going strong (although I agree with DS and suggest you hand wash your piece) and I have a few other ideas of what to do with the rest of my bottle of dishwasher safe Mod Podge.

You can purchase all of the supplies to make this project here and a small proceed will go to me as a designer.  I would love you more than I love cookies and coffee if you'd buy the kit, plus you'd be helping support the blog! If you do purchase the kit and make a project I'd love to see it, feel free to tag me on any social medias or email me a picture.

Til Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I love this project - any excuse to add another mug to my collection.

    Also love the site redesign. It's so you & it totally pops!

    ReplyDelete